The D-Day is fast approaching. Barely a few months to go for the Airtel Hyderabad Marathon 2019.
For some of us, it will be the first Marathon or the Half Marathon, and for some, the chance to set new personal records. But for some of our more experienced runners, this is also the chance to help our friends to achieve milestone time targets. Helping a bunch of folks cross the line within their goal timing, is pretty close to a Personal Best in itself. This is also an opportunity to give back to the running community – your experience and your wisdom on how to achieve a personal best.
Here are some guidelines that the Organizers will require you to adhere to:
- Pacing at Hyderabad Marathon 2019 is a completely voluntary exercise to help our fellow runners achieve their timing goals.
- The last date for consideration towards Pacing in Hyderabad Marathon 2019 is June 10, 2019.
- There shall be Pacers for these buses – FM: 4:00, 4:30, 5:00, 5:30 and 6:00/ HM: 1:45, 2:00, 2:15, 2:30, 2:45, 3:00/ 10K: 0:50, 1:00, 1:10, 1:20, 1:30.
- The Pacers shall register for the event via the online registration website like any other runner.
- The Pacers will not eligible for standings in any race category, including the age group ones. They will not be eligible for race result prizes.
- The Pacers are required to be physically present for the Expo on 24th August to interact with the Runners.
- The selected Pacers will need to run with the pacing equipment (balloon/ flag) for the duration of the race.
- The Pacers will have deemed accepted to have given consent for any publicity/ extensive coverage of themselves, which the organizers shall impart on social or mainstream media.
- The Pacers will NOT participate in ‘ambush marketing’ by promoting non-relevant brands during the Expo or the event.
So, if you feel you can lead a pacing bus to its absolute time target, step forward. Please fill in the form here Register
If you have any queries regarding the same, please reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org).